Beach Cities Symphony Orchestra Upcoming Concert:
Friday, June 16, 2023 @ El Camino College’s Marsee Auditorium
“MTAC Artists of the Future PLUS New Voices Premiere” Concert
From Debussy’s Nocturnes: Nuages & Fetes
Congratulations to MTAC Student Soloist Competition Winners:
Jacqueline Chang – Grieg’s Piano Concerto, 3rd Movement in A minor
Kevin Hu – Mendelssohn’s Violin Concerto
Nathaniel Wong – Prokofiev’s Piano Concerto No. 3
PLUS Feature Piece from the Winner of the BCSO’s “New Voices” Composition Competition
Pre-Concert Interview with Dr. Pope & “New Voices” Composer
Beach Cities Symphony Orchestra’s Return to the Stage – and Dr. Pope’s BCSO Debut on October 28, 2022:
Wildly Successful & Exceeds All Expectations!
First (AMAZING!) Post-Pandemic Concert
Featured Dr. Geoffrey Pope as BCSO Conductor!
Friday night, October 28, 2022 saw Beach Cities Symphony Orchestra’s return to the stage and Dr. Geoffrey Pope’s debut as the Beach Cities Symphony Orchestra’s Maestro. Geoffrey Pope brings deep roots in the South Bay community to his new role, having begun his artistic journey as a USC music composition student, and returning to earn his doctorate in conducting at UCLA after receiving degrees at the Eastman School of Music in New York. Just prior to the pandemic, he conducted the Symphony Orchestra and the Opera at UC Irvine, and is ready now to bring post-pandemic vigor and creativity to the question of “What’s the orchestra experience that will liberate us all from lockdown?” CONTINUE READING HERE…
Learn more about our
return to concerts.
Members make it
possible to present four
Lens & Frame Co., eScrip
News & Announcements
- BCSO Holds First MTAC “Artists of the Future” Concert Since 2019!Beach Cities Symphony’s Dr. Geoffrey Pope leads BCSO to kick off its 73rd Season on October 28, 2022 … Continue readingBCSO Holds First MTAC “Artists of the Future” Concert Since 2019!
- BCSO Returns for its 73rd Season!Beach Cities Symphony’s Dr. Geoffrey Pope leads BCSO to kick off its 73rd Season on October 28, 2022 … Continue readingBCSO Returns for its 73rd Season!
- Dr. Geoffrey Pope Becomes BCSO Conductor & Music DirectorDr. Pope is the new music director of the BCSO! … Continue readingDr. Geoffrey Pope Becomes BCSO Conductor & Music Director
- Meet BCSO & MTAC’s “Artist of the Future” Winners We Missed Seeing Perform due to PandemicRead and hear our May 2020 MTAC Artists of the Future soloists – since we did not get to watch them perform due to COVID! … Continue readingMeet BCSO & MTAC’s “Artist of the Future” Winners We Missed Seeing Perform due to Pandemic
- BCSO 71st Season is Up in the AirBeach Cities Symphony Orchestra will Most Likely Cancel the 71st Season (November) Kickoff – Hopeful for Possible January 2021 Concert Due to the current concerns with the COVID19, Beach CitiesContinue readingBCSO 71st Season is Up in the Air
- Paul Piazza is BCSO Guest Conductor for January 2020 Concert!We introduce Paul Piazza, BCSO’s 2nd of 4 guest conductors for our 70th Beach Cities Symphony Orchestra season, as we continue our musical director search since Maestro Barry Brisk’s retirement last year following 25 successful years at the helm. … Continue readingPaul Piazza is BCSO Guest Conductor for January 2020 Concert!